My designs

My designs

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Fun with Wire

Between wrapping up work for the summer, and my twins, I haven't had a lot of time for creative time with wire, but I did make these pendants. I also took a copper bracelet class with Mary Harding, but I will have to get some pictures of my bracelets to show you at a later time.

I do love working with wire; I think I have said that before. What fun to shape and coil, and hand-polish. Here are the pendants.


Argentium sterling silver, and handmade lampwork bead (Stone Designs by Sheila on Etsy, here.) A matte bead with so much character. Dark copper bead tops it. Trying to keep some pendants simple; lets the gorgeous beads shine. I hammered the wire to flatten it and work-harden it. Love hammering wire!

 


 
Ahhh, Argentium, and a handmade lampwork bead. This time from this Etsy shop Andrea at Powers Art Studio. A gorgeous small vessel.



Again, Argentium sterling, and handmade lampwork bead (BetsyMN on Etsy,  here). I love her series of galaxy pendants. I have quite a stash of them, but I can't help myself. Such intricate little pieces of art.






For this pendant I used half round copper wire to hang the stone and let it move. Love spirals and circles. Pretty labradorite hanging at the bottom.The larger stone is brown larvikite which has some blue shine at some angles too. I antiqued the necklace with Liver of Sulfur, and then sealed it with lacquer and Renaissance wax. I love that dark colour that copper gets, yummy.


I do love swirls, as you can see above.

Hope you have a great day, I'm out to the pool with the kids. Kids and water - can't get any better for summer.
Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Andrea...I love the Argentium.. and the touch of labradorite... very pretty.
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenni. I am having fun with it when I can.

    ReplyDelete