My designs

My designs

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Working on Challenge of Color Designs

I was inspired by the color palettes that Erin sent me for her 3rd Annual Challenge of Color blog hop: I decided to try to finish 4 necklaces that I came up with in my scrounging through my stash to match the colors in my two palettes. It was so fun to see what I had, that could got together to fit those colors.

I chose different stringing materials as well: Argentium Sterling silver, silks, Greek leather, and some copper I had antiqued.

Then on the last weekend before the deadline - I got the flu. Fever for almost 3 days, and aches and cough. Nice. Haven't had that for a long time.

Then I tried to work on parts of the necklaces. Some success, and some - what was I thinking working with a sick brain and body???  Also cut my son's hair on the weekend. It was long overdue. He is 5 yrs old and I have always cut his hair. I also cut my bangs, my hubby's hair, and my daughter's hair too. So I was cutting son's hair, and it is going well. He was not even complaining much about it, but we hadn't gotten to the neck part yet. His skin is sensitive and does get red with the bits of hair. The clippers are professional, and are great (so my hubby tells me), but son hates the neck part. So flu-befuddled mom forgets to put the metal comb part on and I cut the hair at the back as short as a buzz cut. Oops. So I had to spend time trying to fix it to blend in with rest of hair. I guess everyone will now know his mom cuts his hair.

Well that is a  story to say that some of that happened in a couple parts of my necklaces. For example, I had one set of pliers out in the car (helping a colleague change her earwires to clip-ons), and it was in the unheated garage, in near freezing temperatures. Did I go out to the car in my recently unfevered body to get the preferred pliers? No I tried to make due with the cheap ones I had inside. I redid that loop later. How can cheap round-nose pliers not make a round loop!

So on the mend, with just a bit of fatigue.
By the way, we all got the flu shot, just not far enough in advance to be effective yet. Next flu - no tools for me until I am really healthy.

My (finished?) pieces for the Challenge of Color will be posted on November 30, 2012.
Andrea

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been sick. I hope you're back to normal as soon as possible.

    Take good care of yourself :) I look forward to seeing your finished jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you had the flu. Love the way you tell how things go with the haircut and the pliers. Now over to your Challenge of Color post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hope you are feeling better :) - your palettes and visions from them in the form of your designs are fantastic! I was in love with the first design - the colors, textures, and flow...but then when I scrolled down to your second design it really spoke to me - LOVE it and all the little details <3 JLynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have the cough, but am feeling much better. Thanks all.

    My son reported that a teacher asked him if he went to a hairdresser, or had his hair cut at home. Made me laugh so hard. Guess they know he only has home haircuts now! It is only hair, it will grow, and his grows so fast, I will have a chance to redeem myself in 3 weeks.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete